[doc] LEDs for the rear - Update!!

Dear all,

I just did some trial test to convert the rear lights
to LEDs. The results show that LEDs are slightly less
bright than the filament bulbs, especially with the
reverse (white) light.

But the low temperature + low current draw + fast
'digital' reaction of LEDs really worths it all.

Difficulties that I have encountered:

My D has DeLorean One replacement rear circuit board,
and the way they solder the bulb holders are random...
so it is not for sure that all of the bulb holder's
sides connect to the -ve terminals. To ensure that LED
bulbs works, some bulb holders may need re-soldering
and ensure that the all the bulb holders have the -ve
terminals connected correctly.

For photos, take a look at Phill W's web site. My
photos are more or less the same. (I hope you don't
mind me posting your web link Phill :) )

http://www.fab1.net/6772/6772lights/

My next step is to find a correct replacement of the
flasher unit... so that LED indicators will function
correctly!! Can anyone in USA or Canada help me out on
this?? I need to try out No.44893 of Grote:

http://www.grote.com/cgi-bin/product.cgi?product_number=44750

But I can find no-where online that sells this little
thing I need!!

Cheers,
John Tien
DOC 8