RE: [DML] Never drive without a dash camera

Personally, I would have first sent them a link privately asking them to drop the charge first rather than trying to publically shame them via their facebook page.  Based on their actions you should escalate this to those above St John’s so that they can assess and deal with this matter internally as if they are busting you inaccurately they will go on doing the same with others too.

From: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 23 May 2015 00:13
To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [DML] Never drive without a dash camera

Sorry for posting this as it isn't 100% Delorean related.

I just want to make sure everyone is aware of how important it is to protect yourself when driving.  As Delorean owners we are even more vulnerable than the average driver.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjMLPJRBBL8

On Friday, May 15th, 2015 I was passing through St John Parish on Interstate 10 like I usually do when I drive from Baton Rouge to New Orleans.

Note that I can be seen entering St John Parish at 12:54:28 (12 seconds into the video).

I thought this day would be no different than any other day.  I had my cruise control set on 70 mph and to my surprise, I was pulled over by officer Derreck Robert (1377) of the St John Sheriff's office.  Office Derreck Robert accused me of passing cars by doing 80 in a 70.

Several times I told the officer that I had my cruise control set to 70 mph and that I had video evidence to prove my case.

Officer Derreck  Robert of the St John Sheriff's office did not believe me.  Instead he accused me of slowing down to 70 mph when I saw him.  I asked to see the instrument he used to determine my speed.  He showed me a radar gun but was unable to show me any record of my speed.

This video is my evidence to prove I was not speeding.

Like many people, I did not have the correct date and time set on my camera.  At mile marker 197 the camera displayed 12:54:33.   At mile marker 198 the camera showed 12:55:25.  This is 52 seconds to travel one mile.

Using a simple math formula I obtained from http://mathforum.org/library/drmath/view/57258.html I determined I was traveling at 69.2 mph.

My cruise control was set on 70 and the car was moving just a tiny bit slower than that.

mile marker 197  12:54:33
mile marker 198  12:55:25

52 seconds between mile markers = 69.2 mph

The purpose of this video and post is to prove that officers can make poor judgements in determining a person's speed.  In my case, officer Derreck Robert of the St John Sheriff's office mistook my speed for that of another motorist.  Now I have a speeding ticket for something I did not do.

I have made an attempt to post this on the Facebook page of St John Sheriff's office.     They responded by removing my post and blocking me.   They do not want this information and warning to be shared.

Steve Rice
#16510
DMCToday.com

No virus found in this message.