Re: [DML] Long Time DeLorean Owner, Paul Legutki, passed away

Re: [DML] Long Time DeLorean Owner, Paul Legutki, passed away

Paul Legutki passed away March 11, 2015.  He was 68.  God's Speed, Mr Legutki!

Many DML members will remember Paul Legutki as ChicagoPaul here on the DML.

Whenever you stopped to talk to Paul, you ended up with a smile on your face.

I knew Paul from the DeLorean Midwest Connection club for the past 15 years.
Paul was an avid photographer and in the days before the digital camera craze,
he was one of the few club members who remembered to bring a camera along to
our club events.  He always offered his photos to be in our club newsletters.

Paul had a way of taking "frugal" to the next level.  I do not recall if Paul
ever had a new battery in his DeLorean (a used battery and a jumper pack), but
he would make it out to all of the Tech Days and DMC Club Social Events, until
the DMC Midwest Open House in 2013 ... the last event I recall him attending.

Paul was a master of the bad pun.  Paul was a character.  Paul will be missed.

Here are a few of his gems, from posts to the DML - the DeLorean Mailing List:

Maybe IPD, the Volvo parts guys out on the pacific northwest would have shims.
 Cyl Shims. Almost a good name for an exotic dancer.

It's always nice to see the phrase standard deviation and realize that I am not
 being spoken of

If it weren't for all this arguing, we'd only talk about screw sizes.

Paul's thoughts on the Back to the Future movies:

 Sweet mother of pearl!!!
 It was a freaking movie...
 If we all thought this hard about important things,
 the world might be a better place..

 Chicago Paul

Paul's DeLorean now lives on with a new owner.

RIP Paul.

Posted by: rich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx