RE: [DML] Re: Is DMCH in trouble?

I was always under the belief that protecting the name was pretty important to Steve and he and JZD were close. Considering all of the BS labels put on the Delorean name when it all fell apart and all of the work he and James and the rest have done to bring the car and brand back to respectability speaks volumes to me. But then again, I am not a lawyer and I guess it comes down to whatever arrangement Steve and John had and what can be proven.

To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2015 03:48:02 +0100
Subject: Re: [DML] Re: Is DMCH in trouble?

From what I’ve read the DMC logo was not abandoned but “dead”. That means it cannot be brought back and registered again and while you can use it if you’d like, you can’t use it for profit.
I might be wrong though but the fact is that if you look up the original DMC logo it is listed as “dead”.

And even if all she wants is a piece of the $$$ pie I don’t blame her. Wouldn’t you do the same? On the other hand I’d like to believe that she might want to protect the name of John. And what he has created.

Tom

Sent: Saturday, January 10, 2015 3:36 AM

I remember way back in the DML the discussion about the DMC logo trademark having been abandoned. Does that not open the door for anyone to use it freely? If that is truly the case I do not see how she can prevent its use. Also I don't think DMCH had much to do with the Hot Wheels toy other than perhaps supplying a car for them to use for the model so where would their problem be simply selling those? Considering how long DMC merchandise has been flowing freely - some while JZD was still around - I cannot see how she can suddenly start complaining other than because she sees the potential $$$ going right past her. I also wonder how Kathryn feels about all of this.

Joe