Re: [DML] DML post

Hi Martin,

Good to hear from you. I've torn down my 5-speed to do my 'ultimate
DeLorean'. This is still the one I had back when. If you remember I had
you procure an engine. Well, the project became frozen in time although
I did pull the heads and ported them (very proud of the outcome) with
the idea of building the engine up as a headered twin turbo car. Using
the newer intake manifold with fuel injection was a goal.

When on vacation in France I had the opportunity to drive a Peugeot 508
SW (1.6 HDI) and fell in love with the engine/transaxle. Figured it
would fit well in a DeLorean and offer slightly more power than stock
while reducing weight. It would also get phenomenal mileage. I live in
Idaho while working in Calif. so have a 1000 mile commute that I'd love
to do in a DeLorean. I'm into gas mileage these days. I've turbo'd a
Honda series 1 insight and get ~70 mpg while doing 70+mph.

Any chance you could source me an engine or do you think this is just a
dumb idea. Value wise it would be best to be closer to stock
configuration. I just bought a professional grade four post lift so am
closer to getting seriously on it again.

Check out my big wheels (and my friend, Batman). Also I'm designing and
building a modern Morgan threewheeler. It's front wheel drive and three
passenger. The 4th photo is from the filming of a movie about to be
released featuring my DeLorean with a lead actor (It's a thriller
theme). The brakes are stock but the wheels are large. I like the look.

Very Best Regards,
Don

On 11/01/2014 12:51 AM, 'Martin Gutkowski' martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[dmcnews] wrote:

> Hi Don, I'm keen to do my "ultimate" UK car which means rhd
> conversion, big wheels, big brakes (both of which I've developed),
> full leather, power steering and a twin turbo 2.8 based on a Volvo
> b280e which I already have. Have started amassing parts including
> custom cams good for 350hp, pulleys which will allow for a serpentine
> belt to put the alternator properly on the rocker cover.
>
> Need a basically complete 5speed to start with though :)
>
> No hurry, got a custom build on the go destined for australia, about
> to pick up my new toy, a 99 TVR Cerbera, and became a dad 6 weeks ago.
> Fun times...
>
> Martin
>
> Sent from my HTC steam powered catapult

Posted by: Don Ekhoff <ekhoff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>