Sent: Sunday, August 10, 2014 4:56 AM
Subject: [DML] Can I install a steering column bushing in backwards

I need to install a new steering column bushing but can't budge the lower steering column from either top or bottom U joint to allow access space at the interior firewall.  However there appears to be enough room on the outside firewall side to siip on a sliced bushing.  The lower steering column is seized with POR-15 paint.

Has anyone ever installed a new  steering column bushing backwards, that is from the outside of the firewall (trunk side) instead of from the interior of the car?

Thanks.

Mike

Posted by: "Tom" <dmctom@xxxxxxxxx>