Re: [DML] WHAT MECHANICAL SYSTEM ADJUSTMENTS REQUIRED WHEN INSTALLING FR

Re: [DML] WHAT MECHANICAL SYSTEM ADJUSTMENTS REQUIRED WHEN INSTALLING FRONT CALIPERS??

Since I don’t see any replies yet, so I’ll be the first one to chime in.

Mike, I have never heard of any “pin” that needs to be depressed. I can’t even think of any pin anywhere that might need to be depressed. There is absolutely no reason for new or rebuilt calipers to seize unless there is something wrong with them.
I can’t think of any reason why your brakes would seize while replacing the clutch. Those are separate systems and one does not affect the other.

Brake calipers seize when not used for a long time and when the brake fluid isn’t changed – corrosion forms around the pistons and they seize. Again, there’s no magic pin. The brake system on our cars is very simple and there are no special tricks needed.
Just make sure you bleed the system correctly and don’t worry about it.

One area that might need some adjustment is the automatic adjusters for the parking brake. Still, there is no pin and the brakes will not seize. If you do not move the adjuster there might not be enough room for new parking brake pads to fit on the rotor.
Do you have the shop manual?

Good luck!

Greetings from Poland!
Tom Niemczewski
Vin 6149 plus 2418, 3633, 5030, 16473, 17086