[DML] Hotel and reservation update

      Dayton Marriott Hotel
1414 S Patterson Blvd, Dayton, OH , United States 45409
Tel:  1 (800) 450-8625   Fax: 1 (937) 223-7853

website

Room reservations are now open. Click here to reserve your room at our discounted group rate!
this is your show

Hi
We are getting close to being out of rooms on Friday and Saturday night.  Both of these nights are filling fairly evenly so its hard to say which one will sell out first.  The same for the show registrations.

We now have 21 guests, more than at any other show so yes this will be fairly long evenings but this is the final DCS and we will go out with what we hope is one of the most informative and varied shows ever.  There should be something for everyone.
And remember I do not glue you to your seat you can get up and walk around.
I am still working on getting George Crane back.  He by far has been the most passionate and emotional speaker we had.
He was in Memphis.

As far as I know we have had one possible change in our schedule.  We planned to do Blad Boys as one of our stops but we recently tried to get in touch with them and we think they changed buildings so this may change.  There still is plenty to do and in retrospect we may have crammed too much in one day anyway so I think the time will be better spent at Carroline Parl
You can actually walk from the park to the hotel in 5 minutes so its that close.

Again we are down to 63 registrations and they are moving at a rate now of 14-15 per week so that leaves us about a month left until we sell out.  Things can change but its been at 10 per week and now its picking up so if you want to attend now is the time to register.

Again thanks and I look forward to doing this last show with you.

Also I talked at length with Jason on taking over the car show and I think he has pretty much the same idea I had for him when he said he would take it over.

I have heard people saying they did not know how the show would work after I am done with it and remember I started with just a two night show and basically local vendors as guests and it has grown as it is today.   We had a dinner at Montgomery inn with a raffle and Rob Grady and Saturday we had an open car show outside and a cramped dinner with some people in the back room because we ran short of space. Its unfair to assume Jason can just pick it up where I left off.  He is doing what I had hoped and how I got started and going back to basics.  From what we have talked I think you will all enjoy it and contrary to belief he does plan to spread the show around a bit but at this point not as far as I have gone.
The Midwest always gets the best response so thank all of you that attend to make that happen.  The east coast and the DCO in Cleveland (Mike and Patty)got me started and they still have maybe the major presence as far as groups are concerned.

Jason will tell us of his vision at the show and I think the new start will be welcomed.  He now has his own following in Indianapolis.  You all gave me a chance and I thank you.
I had some pretty tough competition going in and all I can do is say thank you for supporting me and my friends and family on this adventure.  But its time for me to step down and let the show go another direction.

Ken