[DML] Re: Driving DMC on salted roads --- Plasti Dip

[DML] Re: Driving DMC on salted roads --- Plasti Dip

Not in the styling of the Delorean..but the engineering was basically all Lotus engineering...they more or less abandoned all previous engineering that went into the original two prototypes..that were hand built in the USA,in favor of using the same engineering blueprints that went into the Lotus Espirit..but in the same fashion as the Software engineers who worked on Obamacare..not very good or caring..lol...in a nutshell Lotus engineering only did the Delorean engineering for the Money since at the time they needed funds real bad..but hated the idea of having another sports car competing against their car..If you notice they stuck to the bare minimum engineering standards..except where you could see or touch...they did not want a better engineered car than their cars.

On the gullwing doors a LOT of engineering attention went into those..since those were "in your face"..but on the hidden areas..like the Tabs...well we know how those turned out..

Don't get me wrong there was and still is a lot of great engineering talent at Lotus engineering..and GM saw that talent..since GM GRABBED Lotus Engineering's Engine..that they engineered for..at the time their future V8 Lotus Espirit..and instead used it for the Corvette(the monster ZR1 engine) when they bought/acquired Lotus engineering  a while ago(GM have since sold it)but later on lotus engineering just went ahead and just engineered Another V8 similar to their original V8 that GM Grabbed..that now resides in the v8 Lotus esprit.

Claude
1024
bric

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Tom" <dmctom@...> wrote:

> Did Lotus have anything to do with the design of the body?? As far as I
> remember they only designed the frame and suspension and I thank them every
> time I see the TABs or think how stable the front suspension is. Believe me,
> if Lotus were to design the doors we would have a drinking straw size
> "reinforcements" inside the door and even the heavy door guides wouldn't
> help in closing as the whole assembly would be so flimsy it would bend and
> twist every time you touched it.
> The design of the door and the rest of the body is way too good to come from
> Lotus. Their "engineers" had absolutely no idea what structural safety and
> rigidity is.
>
> I don't know if Lotus actually hired real engineers later on but I can't
> imagine the same geniuses designing their later cars.
>
> Yeah, I don't like the flimsy front suspension, the TABs that bend no matter
> what you do and the rear shock hanging on a bolt supported from one side.
>
> Greetings from Poland!
> Tom Niemczewski
> Vin 6149 plus 2418, 3633, 5030, 16473, 17086
> Google earth: 52°25'17.66"N, 21° 1'58.40"E
> www.deloreana.com

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: