Re: [DML] MORE STARTING WOES

Look at the bright side:
- You know that you do not have a fuel flow problem (at least not too
little)
- Your engine internals are likely much cleaner

Unless someone corrects me, you should focus on spark since you have
fuel and likely have air.  I presume there are no air restrictions.

To verify that you have a good engine ground to the battery, use a
jumper cable and clamp one end to the block and the other to the
NEGATIVE side of the D's battery (DO NOT COME CLOSE OR TOUCH THE
POSITIVE.  You'll see spots for weeks!). That will bypass any ground
points from the engine to the battery. Ground problems would cause a
week or no spark.

If focusing on verifying spark, remove power somehow from the fuel pump
to avoid thinning your oil.  Pull the fuse, disconnect the pump, etc

I don't recall all the previous posts but next is to track spark. Do you
have a spark at the plug (pull the plug to verify and do be careful not
to shock yourself or start a fire)?  If not, is spark voltage getting to
the distributor?  If not and the wires are good verify voltage at the
coil input. If voltage (about 10vdc but not the full battery voltage) is
present at the coil input it could be the coil or you can start
backtracking the control signal from the distributor.

Speaking of the distributor... the cap is one for the odd fire PRV, Correct?

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)