Re: [DML] No spare?

Below are my exact words on the DML regarding fire extinguishers.  I would
assume anyone reading this could see I was trying to show some humor in my
second post when I mentioned waiting for someone to put out a fire.  It is
pretty obvious a car would be toast by the time a fire truck would show up.

---------------------------------

June 23

Isn't carrying around a fire extinguisher just unnecessary weight?  If you
are properly maintaining your car, you shouldn't have to worry about engine
fires.

-Steve Rice

DMCToday.com

#16510

---------------------------

June 23

My 2001 Saturn didn't come with a fire extinguisher.  The way I see it, if
not having a fire extinguisher is okay in a General Motors vehicle, then a
Delorean is no different.

Besides, we all know that carrying a cell phone has made fire extinguishers
obsolete.  All you have to do is dial 911 and someone will be there in just
a moment to put out your fire.

-Steve Rice

DMCToday.com

#16510

-------------------------------

I jokingly said it was silly to carry a fire extinguisher in reference to a
recent tire problem I had.  You are right, no one on the DML called me an
idiot and I apologize for my mistake in saying that.

Here are some pictures of my recent tire failure.  Notice how the rim and
what was left of the tire fit nicely in the trunk space.
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/1001650_10151713053500586_1587153553_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/1014266_10151713055745586_108213467_n.jpg

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/941708_10151713056485586_1275831271_n.jpg

Someone posted those pictures on DMCTalk and the drama soon began.
Here is post #33 on the spare tire thread.
http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?5882-Alternative-For-Carrying-A-Spare-Tire&p=108864&viewfull=1#post108864

Sure, the word idiot wasn't used specifically but I sure felt like someone
was blaming me for the tire failure.  Incidentally, that person is on the
DML as well.

We've already been through all the drama and I have no reason to repeat my
justifications for carrying a spare.  I think it is obvious that we aren?t
going to change the opinions of one another.  Incidentally, if at DCS (or
any other event) someone has a tire failure and doesn?t have a spare tire,
that person is more than welcome to borrow mine. I'll gladly lend a helping
hand to anyone, even if that person doesn't like me.  Shoot, I?ll even
throw in a piece of bubble gum at no extra charge.
-Steve Rice
DMCToday.com
#16510

On Fri, Jul 26, 2013 at 11:14 AM, <chris@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Steve,
> In other words you intentionally lied with the intent to disrupt things
> here.
>
> And for what it's worth, I don't recall anybody ever calling somebody an
> idiot for carrying a spare. Those of us that don't carry them simply go
> by a different and more modern approach to this issue (nothing wrong wit
> the older style). FYI, I've had my cars towed more often due to an
> accident then I've had by a blown or flat tire. In fact, with the last 9
> or so flats I've had, 0 have required a spare or tow. Like I said, there
> are different ways to approach this and just because somebody does it
> differently does not make them wrong.
>
> Chris
> VIN 4099

<*> Your email settings: