[DML] Re: No voltage to control pressure regulator (CPR/WUR)

[DML] Re: No voltage to control pressure regulator (CPR/WUR)

The CSV plug is blue correct? The CPR plug is dark gray or black. Rest pressure holds for over 2 hours at 38 to 40 psi. The tts fires the CSV for 5 seconds and CSV sprays fuel OK and doesn't spray after that so not sure what is causing the cold and hot start issues then.

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "jtrealtywebspannet" <jtrealty@...> wrote:

> If you have no power on the plug to the CPR it is a problem but that would not cause hard cold starting. The electric runs a heater inside the valve to warm it up during the warm-up cycle. If it is hard to start cold typically it is because the CSV system is not working. The common problems are a bad TT switch or a problem with the wiring. Next is the warm-up cycle. If the motor hesitates or otherwise is not running well it is usually a bad CPR. Finally if you are having hard hot restart problems it is because you are not holding rest pressure long enough. That is commonly because of a bad accumulator or a leaky check valve on the fuel pump. Make sure you are actually checking the right plug for the CPR and not mixing it up with the one for the CSV.
> David Teitelbaum
>
> --- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Paul" <paul.sweet@> wrote:
> >
> > I have a cold/hot starting issue. Hard starting and hesitation when pressing gas pedal when cold. CSV, TTS and fuel pressures test OK, except control pressure warm. I think I found problem. I get no voltage to CPR plug. I have continuity from wires on plug to blue connector at bulkhead. Unplugged the connector, pins look good (not pushed in) and seem to be connecting. However, get no voltage on male pin (#26) at bulkhead where Y/R wire connects. I also do not get continuity on male pin (#22) the black wire connects to and ground. Fuse No. 7 is new and supplying power other items as intended. Do I need to inspect behind the parcel shelf to see if there are wires disconnected to the male pins on the blue connector? Would no voltage to this connector cause my cold and hot start hesitations? Should power be provided to the CPR plus when the key is turned on?
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > Paul
> > Vin 10944

<*> Your email settings: