From: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
JP Hindin
Sent: Friday, June 14, 2013 9:18 AM
To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [DML] She starts (painfully), she runs (mostly), she doesn't go
anywhere...

My DeLorean has a hot-start issue that I've not bothered dealing with yet,
so it usually only gets out for 30 minute runs out-and-back. Last time it
was on the road was probably December. Over the Iowa winter I'd fire it up
once a month, generally, a let it idle for ten minutes to get the moisture
out of the oil. I've been waiting for nice days in the summer, but it's
rained a LOT out here, so I haven't started it up in maybe three or four
months.

Usually it's a bit of a pain to start. Lots of fire and die and then
eventually it'll settle into a clean idle and run like a champ.

Yesterday I got in to take it out because it was finally a nice day and it
was a real bear to even get it to idle, and after at least five minutes of
crank-fire-and-die, it settled into an unusually lumpy idle, but ANY
throttle input would cause the engine revs to drop to the point of it
dying. As such, I was unable to actually go anywhere because the best it
could manage was an idle.

Is this a common issue with the KJet that I've yet to come across in my
nine months of DeLorean ownership, or should I be concerned?

Thanks all;

 - JP
50441

<*> Your email settings: