Re: [DML] Question: DeLorean Rental Prices

Re: [DML] Question: DeLorean Rental Prices

I do a lot of things for free, so long as I like the manner in which I was
asked, and that's it's not an inconvenience for me.

If it's an unusual request, or something risky to the car, my price goes up
accordingly (ie. anything indoors, or where tons of drunk people will be
nearby).  As several of these guys have told you, you may or may not be
covered by your insurance company.  Generally if the car is being rented
for an event, you are not covered.

Since I don't need the money badly enough to deal with the aggravation of
something being broken on the car, it's up to each person to decide how
much any risk is worth to you.  I suppose if I did need the money that
badly, owning a 32-year-old DeLorean would be a terrible choice.  I tend to
imagine how much money an afternoon of fixing a broken armrest extension is
worth...

I probably let more people drive my car than I should, but as a rule I will
*never* let anyone I don't know well drive the car unless I am in the
passenger seat.  Being there allows me to coach them through the weird
parts of the car, and immediately stop them when I realize they were not
honest about how well they could drive a stick.  And even then, there is no
driving allowed for special events where people tend to be really
distracted from the task at hand.

I think some of the dollar values the others have quoted are totally fair,
but they will drive away the casual requester.  Also remember that as the
price goes up, so do expectations, so make sure they understand that your
word is final.

Jake
1063

On Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 4:46 PM, o0shoryuken0o <dmc06976@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> **
>

> I came across someone who wants to 'rent' my car for a wedding. No one
> else will be driving the car. I am trying to come up with a fair price to
> charge for this service.
>
> What do you guys typically charge for renting your cars for events? I know
> that depending upon the circumstances, this could vary quite a bit. Just
> looking for any/all information. Thanks!

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)