Re: [DML] car ins. for my Delorean

For what its worth,  I just have regular insurance with Safeco.   I
drive 16510 as if it were a regular car.  $200-300 a year for
insurance would be nice but I like to drive my cars.

I have state minimum liability which costs me $454 a year.

I also have uninsured motorist for $61.50.  This is pretty much a
necessity in states such as Louisiana and Mississippi.

For comprehensive insurance I pay $334 a year and this includes full
glass coverage.  For everything else such as running over Bambi or a
tire hitting me on the interstate I have a $100 deductible.  When I
ran over Bambi a few years back, my adjuster was kind enough to wave
my $100 deductible.

I also have collision with a $1,000 deductible.    This costs me
$566.70.  My policy reads the coverage is not to exceed $20,500.  My
total yearly cost for insurance is $1,416.20 and this is with a
carport and no garage.  I also don’t have a silly 2,500 mileage limit.
 Last year I put over 12,000 miles on my car.

I will admit that I have been tempted to self insure my car by
dropping the coverage to liability only and put the remaining money,
$962/year, into a savings account for a potential accident.

-Steve Rice
Proudly banned from DMCTalk
#16510

On Fri, Jan 18, 2013 at 2:28 PM, John Podlewski
<john_podlewski@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hagerty =Stated Value for 30K
> I pay under $300 a year!
> No Mileage limits but I really don't drive it and it does need to be stored in a garage.
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Jan 18, 2013, at 2:23 PM, "stephena" <stevecarolab@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

>> Dear Members,
>>
>> I would like to get some opinions on car ins. for my DeLorean.
>> I know of JC Taylor, are their others?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Steve,Ableman

<*> Your email settings: