[DML] Delorean lies on TV - Was: DeLorean Sighting on Raising Hope

[DML] Delorean lies on TV - Was: DeLorean Sighting on Raising Hope

Hollywood did the same thing to Darren Decker a few months back.  His
car was used on some sort of reality TV show where they haul stuff
across the county.  His car was being driven off the delivery truck
after it had received expert service from Josh at DPI.  The television
showed Darren's car stalling as it was being driven off the ramp.
Somehow they even edited the film to make Darren look unhappy.

According to Darren, and I believe him, his car never did stall and
the sound of it stalling and being started back up was dubbed in when
it was edited for television.

That same episode showed a piano that was damaged after it had been
accidentally dropped.  They didn't show the damaged area until after
it had been dropped.  I suspect the piano was alread damaged and they
simply didn't show the damage until after it had been dropped.
Everyone in the room was shocked that the shipper damaged the piano.
I simply said it was probably already like that and used Darren's car
as an example of the lies that are told on television.

I don't watch very much television as it is.  I don't even know the
name of the show, but I do know that most television, including so
called reality tv is fake.  Just don't believe everything you see on
television.  When I was a kid it was revealed that WWF wrestling
(among others) was fake and its no suprise to me that lies still exist
in television.

-Steve Rice
Proudly banned from DMCTalk
#16510

On Thu, Jan 10, 2013 at 12:42 PM, Kevin Abato <delorean@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In the show, before they try to drive 88, Virgina mentioned the engine did
> not sound like it was running right.
> During the process to get to 88, the car appears to be having major issues
> around 75mph, and Virginia screams that they are going to fly apart.
> Then at the failed attempt to reach 88mph, the car appears to be
> overheating/smoking.....from the FRONT GRILL when they stop.   :(

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)