Re: [DML] Re: DeLorean Sighting on Raising Hope

Re: [DML] Re: DeLorean Sighting on Raising Hope

In the show, before they try to drive 88, Virgina mentioned the engine did
not sound like it was running right.
During the process to get to 88, the car appears to be having major issues
around 75mph, and Virginia screams that they are going to fly apart.
Then at the failed attempt to reach 88mph, the car appears to be
overheating/smoking.....from the FRONT GRILL when they stop.   :(

Most of this I can accept as creative writing for humor, etc.   But at
least have the car cleaned!!!
On Jan 10, 2013 12:45 PM, "Mike" <msubstel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> While they never explained it, that couldn't really be "smoke" in the
> passenger compartment since none of the characters coughed. It was just a
> dry ice special effect they added to make Christopher Lloyd's entrance in
> the final scene funnier.
>
> No one disparaged the DeLorean. Though other classic cars were depicted as
> falling apart, nothing broke on the DeLorean. Every character who expressed
> any opinion lusted after it. I'd say the show was an overall positive for
> our cars.
>
> - Mike Substelny
> driving VIN 1280 for (nearly) 20 years!
>

> --- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, gmfm1@... wrote:
> >
> > Not only did they not clean it up, they showed it as malfunctioning with
> massive smoke in the passenger compartment and running rough  at 80 mph.
> > The good news, it was the "Dream Car" of 3 people on the show.
> > Thanks,
> > Gary Masie
> >

> ------------------------------------

> moderators@xxxxxxxxxxx