[DML] DeLorean Auto Parts, Inc. - Mr. John Hervey

[DML] DeLorean Auto Parts, Inc. - Mr. John Hervey

I just want to convey my only personal experience with this DeLorean
vendor.  I've never had any issues with any other DeLorean vendors over
the years.  I have all detailed document to prove this and I'm an
original owner.  In very short summary, I ordered a replacement binnacle
from him paid up front including a refundable $200.00 core charge.  I
returned the core with proof of receipt by him within a few weeks.  I
only received a core refund 6+ months AFTER I was 1 day away from
pressing a civil suit case against him.  The Texas Attorney General was
investigating his business practices from my submitted confirmed
documents.  Only at this point did Mr. Hervey finally react and provide
a refund more than 6+ months after the core was returned and received by
him.  Not from my previous numerous emails ignored, numerous phone
message calls unanswered, numerous letters sent and ignored, numerous
certified return receipt letters ignored, credit card representative
attempts (his delaying tactic so it falls after 90 days and the credit
card company is unable to reverse charge), but from the Texas Attorney
General consumer business complaint contact.  So I urge extreme caution
when DeLorean owners are dealing with this individual/company.  Yes, he
finally did the correct thing, but only after forced from an impending
civil suit claim and state intervention.  DeLorean owners, as a small
group of people, don't need this type of vendor treatment in my opinion.
Again this was my personal experience.  Perhaps others have/had better
positive results with him.  Not sure why he chose this path of creating
excessive problems for me, but he did.  I'm posting this as a word of
caution for DeLorean owners.  People rarely change patterns in my
experience in life unless forced.  This was no 'overlooked gross
mistake' which I could understand happens in life.  Perhaps he's a great
vendor for others, but he demonstrated otherwise in my one experience
with him.  I thank him and the Texas Attorney General for finally
resolving the refund problem.

Joe Fedeli

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional