Re: [DML] A message to prospective DeLorean owners..do show up with Jame

Re: [DML] A message to prospective DeLorean owners..do show up with James Book

No not at all..in fact a notebook was what I was basically and suggesting to go with originally,what I was visualizing was a book that was so huge and nerdy and clunky... that when opened took a good chunk of delorean hood space..in other words big and bulky..and not pocket size...that just got in the way both with the inspection process and the Human interaction with the seller.

For me, I would prefer to have James book stuffed in my back pocket..and only pull it out as needed..as a book of Reference and Guidance..BUT NOT to flash it in front of the sellers view(which a BIG BOOK would do)..as a sign of caution that I am here to scrutinize your delorean..and find faults..because lets face it a 29-31 year old car,that has seen  reasonable use,will not be perfect.

That was why I will always like a checklist(in a notebook) and a Book such as James book as backup and Reference guide.

Claude
1024 Bric

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, David Griffith <dgriffi@...> wrote:

> On Sun, 23 Sep 2012, cbl302@... wrote:
>
> > When I originally posted "do not show up with a book"...
> >
> > I assumed it was going to be a REALLY BIG BOOK..something the size of
> > SSI(stainless Steel Illusions) and NOT a pocket size book..more like the
> > size of a folded newspaper
> >
> > A pocket size is perfect, as it is not intrusive..and actually "blends
> > in" and not overwhelm the process especially when you are under..in and
> > through the car and trying to compare the pics.
> >
> > It is pocket size right?
>
> I was a bit confused by that statement too.  It also sounded a little like
> you'd take offense at a prospective buyer showing up with a notebook.
>
> --
> David Griffith
> dgriffi@...

<*> Your email settings: