Re: [DML] I'm Done With the DML

Very well put, and so true..

 Johnny 〆 (iPod)

On Sep 15, 2012, at 2:09 PM, "slider10" <acrocco@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

After almost ten years of subscribing to this list and being a Delorean owner for 8 of them, I am done with the DML. For the old-timers you'll know I was fairly active back in the day, but I've gone more into read-only mode as the years have gone on. I read most of the digests (even archiving them all on Gmail) and I can no longer deal with what is happening on this list.

The DML used to be THE place for DMC talk. I loved being here as an enthusiast and then as an owner. I've met a lot of great people through here and experienced amazing events. This list has changed from information and chatter I was excited to have delivered to my inbox to endless middle-school pissing matches, ego trips, name calling, naysayers, and a community where people would rather be "right" than be accept compromise or change opinions.

This is not what owning a Delorean is about. This is not what a community is about. What happened to supporting each other? Where's the camaraderie that comes from being in this niche group that loves their cars? It seems the DML has lost its soul, becoming a shell of what it once was.

I'm changing my group settings so I only receive important updates from the admins. For the first time in 10-years I won't have a DML email in my inbox tomorrow. It's a sad state of affairs that have pushed me, a huge DMC fan, to this point. For those who've met me before and after my DMC purchase, you know how much I love this car, the history, the Back to the Future link, and everything that comes with it. I will continue to love my car and everything that comes along with ownership. However, I no longer want to be associated with a group that can't see past their own egos to further the community.

I know the admins have always had a tough job and I want to thank them for trying to keep this list moving ahead, even through these times when everyone is bickering. If I was a prospective owner, the current state of the DML would turn me off to ownership in an instant. What is happening here is a disservice to the Delorean community.

-Aaron Crocco
VIN 5591

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional