[DML] Conversions

At what point is the original no longer original. There is the old story about George Washington's hatchet. The one he used to cut down that fabled cherry tree. The head has been replaced twice and the handle 3 times. If you stuck a big block V-8 into a Stanley Steamer is it still a S/S? No one doubts the altruism and passion Bill has, IMHO it is just misdirected. For the effort he applies to removing the original fuel system he could have fixed it easier than wholesale replacement. On the plus side he has created a secondary market with a lot of used, otherwise expensive parts for the K-Jet! The only downside to all of this is buyer's remorse if they have problems with this conversion and try to go back. Will Bill be as giving of his time then? I know I would not be enthusiastic about trying to undo this! Bottom-linning this, the decision lies with the present owner of each Delorean, Bill is only making it easier to make the switch (if that is what is wanted). As Bill points out, It ain't free! And IMHO it is probably more expensive than fixing the K-Jet. All he can claim about the virtues of this conversion is that service is simpler. Not better mileage or more performance. The service is simpler for anyone who doesn't know K-Jet and knows carburetors, not for a Delorean center.
Caveat Emptor, Buyer Beware Or the more common, "Be careful what you ask for, you may get it!!
David Teitelbaum

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: