From: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
jtrealtywebspannet
Sent: Sunday, August 19, 2012 9:02 PM
To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [DML] Re: Delorean Owner

Someone as resourceful as you can come up with a solution (it is a long time
since DCS '04!). Anyway this is not the case on other cars where the K-Jet
is already installed, just not working properly. As for the $4K bill, this
is third hand innuendo. I would not doubt that the owner spent $4K at DMCH,
I would just question that it was all spent on fixing the fuel system. It is
VERY rare that an owner takes a car in and limits a shop to JUST one thing.
Typically on a non-runner, there are LOTS of things to fix!
David Teitelbaum

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "content22207" <brobertson@...> wrote:

> For the umpteenth time: how exactly do you propose that I install K-Jet on
my particular PRV (hint: no injector bungs):
http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/s720x720/540774_421851381193451_7
93740117_n.jpg
> And no, I was not about to drill holes in my zero mile crate engine heads,
especially not in the extremely short time available to get it installed and
running before DCS'04.

> We've been over this many many times before....
>
> Bill Robertson
>

> --- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "jtrealtywebspannet" <jtrealty@> wrote:
> >
> > My response was not a reply about acronyms, I just happened to use that
post to reply to this one. It's OK for you and Steve to talk about
carburetors without actually using the word but when I bring it up you get
all uppity about it. If an owner spent $4K on trying to repair his car (and
it was all spent just on the fuel system) that just points out that whoever
was working on his car did not know what they were doing. It is not a reason
to discard the original fuel system, it IS a reason to get someone else to
work on the car. For that much money he could have had the car shipped to
someone who could have done it right for a lot less. We are not going to
agree on this but for what it costs to convert to a carburetor an owner
should be able to fix his K-Jet and probably have some money left over. Mark
is also correct, there is a lot of knowledge and support from local clubs
and individuals who are more than happy to assist other owners. Not all of
them want to convert the car from a K-Jet to a carburetor. In a away I am
surprised at you, Bill. You are obviously smart enough and familiar enough
with the Bosch K-Jet system, yet you think putting a carburetor on is the
way to fix any problem with the fuel system on a Delorean.
> > David Teitelbaum

-----
No virus found in this message.

<*> Your email settings: