[DML] Re: Delorean Owner

Even that is not a completely unbiased way to compare. It would be asking an owner who was frustrated with a malfunctioning K-jet system vs a semi-functioning conversion. I submit that there are MANY more owners that had problems with K-Jet and with the right fix are VERY pleased with the car now. It would be more interesting to compare what happens to a K-Jet vs a carburetor on a Delorean that sat for an extended period. I would guess neither would fare well. Probably a major reason for most of the problems on the cars with a K-Jet anyway. As for asking them, I did. Many will admit to drivability issues when cold.
David Teitelbaum

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "content22207" <brobertson@...> wrote:

> I am very satisfied with my carbureted setup. There is absolutely no incentive for me to change it.
>
> Other owners must speak for themselves (I can not speak for them). I can say that every single person I have helped is intelligent and articulate. If you were to ask any of them *NICELY* his reason for converting, I am confident you would get an intelligent and articulate answer.
>
> Bill Robertson
>
> --- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "jtrealtywebspannet" <jtrealty@> wrote:
> >
> > Someone as resourceful as you can come up with a solution (it is a long time since DCS '04!). Anyway this is not the case on other cars where the K-Jet is already installed, just not working properly. As for the $4K bill, this is third hand innuendo. I would not doubt that the owner spent $4K at DMCH, I would just question that it was all spent on fixing the fuel system. It is VERY rare that an owner takes a car in and limits a shop to JUST one thing. Typically on a non-runner, there are LOTS of things to fix!
> > David Teitelbaum

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: