[DML] Cold starting and horrifically rough idle

[DML] Cold starting and horrifically rough idle

Greetings;

I went to have a look at the coldstart valve and see if I could work out
where the thermotime switch was and noticed that the retaining clip on the
connector to the CSV wasn't on right, impinging on the connection. I
corrected the clip and plugged the cable in properly and the car starts
noticeably easier than it has before, however it idles REALLY rough for
the first 30s or so, and then becomes very smooth.

On start, the engine pulses wildly, and it must be missing badly because
the whole car shudders. If I let my foot off the pedal it will immediately
stall out. If I pump the pedal, it'll idle, but badly, with more shaking
and coughing, until it smooths out. If I hold my foot down, the engine
will work its way through the spluttering and rev high, and above about
1500rpm it sounds smooth, but once you let it back to idle, it goes back
to shaking like mad... until it warms up.

The mechanic who worked on it said he'd replaced the fuel filter... but he
also said he'd flushed the tank, which I've proven he didn't, so I'm going
to replace the filter and see if that helps. But I was wondering if this
is a "known" issue as well.

Thank you all, have a wonderful Friday & better weekends;

 - JP

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: