[DML] Can anyone offer any install advice on the newer "metal" Volvo Cyl

[DML] Can anyone offer any install advice on the newer "metal" Volvo Cyl Shims??

I was curious to know if anyone can offer any advice or input on their
experience with the installation of the newer type metal piston cylinder
shims?

Just a quick bit of History:
About 2 months ago while getting prepared to have the heads re-worked I
notice 1 piston cylinder that appear slightly loose. After posting my
concerns about this on DMCtalk, I was advised it would be best to just
replace the shims.

So after finally getting my complete engine gasket set delivered I
discovered that I had only received 3 out of the 4 sets of shims. The
shim set that was missing was the "yellow" colored set approx. .130mm -
.160mm in size (DMC Part# 102617 prior Volvo Part# 246999). The reason
the set was missing was because Houston was completely out of them and
currently had no estimated date of future availability. So with my
engine torn down and not wanting to be left hanging I decided to do my
own research for obtaining this missing shim set. What I found was that
Volvo no longer refers to the B28 motor shims by color. Furthermore,
they no longer offer 4 different shim sizes, but now only three. Those
sizes are as follows: (.10mm .12mm & .15mm). The old Volvo shim part
numbers have now been superseded by new part numbers.

OLD

Color "Blue" .07mm - .105mm (DMC# 102614 Volvo# 246996) - No longer
manufactured by Volvo
Color "White" .08mm - .12mm (DMC# 102615 Volvo# 246997)
Color "Pink" .10mm - .14mm (DMC# 102616 Volvo# 246998
Color "Yellow" .13mm - .16mm (DMC# 102617 Volvo# 246999) - No longer
available from DMC

NEW - the above superseded by these Volvo #'s

Size .10mm (Volvo# 1218423)
Size .12mm (Volvo# 1218422)
Size .15mm (Volvo# 1218421)

Since these newer shims are metal (I assume aluminum??) is the install
just the same as the older paper ones? Or, would the metal shims benefit
slightly if each side of the shim was lightly sprayed with say "Copper
Coat - Spray Gasket" or the like, before install? Or, maybe the pressure
from the head bolts in the final torque is enough to provide an adequate
seal at the base of the cylinder liner?? If anyone has prior install
information or advice on these I would love to hear about it! Thanks you
for your time!

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: