From: JP Hindin <jplist2008@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: dmcnews <dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tue, Aug 7, 2012 9:52 am
Subject: Re: [DML] Re: New member introduction... and fuel tank query

On Mon, 6 Aug 2012, daveswingle2 wrote:
> And yes, you can buy a new one if you are so inclined. Item 74 on the fuel
tank page.

> http://store.delorean.com/p-6585-vent-tube.aspx

Zikes, I went over this page again and again and I just didn't see it. I
spoke to Cameron at DMC and he suggested a thorough cleaning would
probably be all that is necessary, which given David T suggested the same
thing, is what I'll give a try. I'm going to finish cleaning out the tank
and then get a better look at the grounding rod/vent tube to see if it is
damaged enough to require replacement.

 - JP

> --- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "daveswingle2" <swingle_dmc@...> wrote:
> >
> > Remove the vent hose and that rod will lift right out with help from some
longnose pliers.

> > Dave S
> >
> > --- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "jtrealtywebspannet" <jtrealty@> wrote:
> > >
> > > I am not sure that rod is removable. I would just rub it with some
Scotch-Brite right in the tank. Wipe the tank out as clean as you can and then
wipe it with

Groups Links

Groups Links

<*> Your email settings: