Re: [DML] Re: 47 Degrees with the AC knob in the normal position

Re: [DML] Re: 47 Degrees with the AC knob in the normal position

You like to pat yourself on the back.. Is the problem you would like more recognition?  Seriously..  What are you trying to prove?

But anyway-

This was an issue back when the options were either mineral oil (for R12) or PAG oil (for r134a).  The problem was when the new PAG oil mixed with the old mineral oil and residual R12.  It would cause LONG TERM problems with the cooling system (months, or even years later).

Modern "conversion kits" use ester oil, which is compatible with both R12 and R134.

So, while at one time it was required to flush the system it is not as important when using the Ester oil.  It is still good practice to replace the receiver/dryer (or, accumulator as it is called in the DeLorean parts manual)..  and why not flush out all the old crap in there?!