Re: [DML] What would cause my blower fan (A/C) to quit after 1 minute?

Re: [DML] What would cause my blower fan (A/C) to quit after 1 minute?

40 is for the fans up front. 25 is plenty for the blower. If a good, relatively new 25 amp breaker is tripping on the blower, the blower is bad. When blower motors fail they pull too much current. But even at this they would only trip the breaker on speed 4 as speed 3 has a resistor in the path that reduces the current.

The reason it works on speed 1 and 2 with a bad breaker is that the breaker is not in the circuit at all at those speed settings.

The other 25 in the kit is for the lock module.

As breakers age and corrode, they tend to trip out at lower currents since the contacts inside get hot. A properly functioning breaker in the fan circuits should not be hot to the touch.

Dave S

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Doug Menkhaus" <dmenkhaus@...> wrote:

> Dude, this was EXACTLY what I was looking for, THANK YOU!!
>

> I have the Relay Kit from DMCMW, which had the required Circuit Breakers.  I
> hear you on the 30 Amp, but I have the new 25 amp, and I'm, not in the
> position tonight to run to the parts store, so I went with that, and the
> fans stay ON after 5 minutes, so I'll run with that tomorrow, and swing by
> and get the bigger one after the parade.  Here's something you never hear
> about Previous Owners, I want to thank him/her for doing what they did.
> They left the OEM harness alone when they replaced the Circuit Breaker last
> time (see pic).  Get this:  It was a 40 AMP!  Guess it was just old!

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)