From: content22207 <brobertson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Sat, June 30, 2012 11:16:08 AM
Subject: [DML] Re: Contemplating a Carb Swap

Why in the world would you read a complete thread but skip over my posts in it?
Is it because my posts in fact do not support your ad hominem attacks against
me?

I just reread the entire thread too, *INCLUDING* my posts. A summary of the
posts you skipped:

Message #85349: Outdoor display area at DCS'14 will be better for Chad's planned
workshop than indoor display at DCS'12 was.

Message #85354: (Reply to Chad) A 2 barrel carburetor is perfectly sized for a
PRV.

Message #85356: (Reply to Steve) Carburetion is compatible with Chad's
performance modified PRV.

Message #85369: (Reply to Steve) Chad impresses me as capable of making his own
decisions about his own car -- he certainly is within his rights.

Message #85371: (Reply to Martin) I do not think a Renault/Peugeot manifold with
dual Solex's is the best option for Chad's conversion.

Message #85377: (Reply to Chad) Picture of how I limped one of my Lincolns home
when its fuel pump failed.

Message #85379: (Reply to Steve) I agree that Chad's new fuel pump should not be
grounded via the inertia switch.

Message #85384: (Reply to Martin) Explaining differences between single plane
and dual plane intake manifolds (Renault/Peugeot manifold he is selling is
single plane).

Message #85389: (Reply to Martin) Yes, I *HAVE* driven a DeLorean with a
Renault/Peugeot intake manifold installed.

Message #85435: (Reply to John) I suspect that Chad's fuel pump failure was not
the primary motivation for his planned conversion.

Message #85450: (Reply to Chad) With a disclaimer at the beginning: Discussion
Chad and I would have had at DCS'12 about his conversion.

Message #85455: (Reply to Steve) With a disclaimer at the beginning: More
discussion Steve, Chad, and I woudl have had if Chad's  conversion was discussed
at DCS'12.

Message #85456: (Reply to Marc) Isn't the Mustang carb he is reporting problems
with a 1 barrel Holley, not a 2 barrel Motorcraft?

Message #85467: (Reply to Marc) Problems he is reporting with his Mustang are
likely caused by it sitting idle.

Message #85471: (Reply to Marc) Carb on his Mustang is not a good design -- no 1
barrels seem to be.

Message #85477: (Reply to Marc) Trying to understand why he would change his
distributor as part of a carb swap.

Message #85480: (Reply to Marc) Distributor recommendation for his Mustang.

Message #85483: (Reply to Andy) I couldn't install K-Jet on my PRV even if I
wanted to -- the heads have no injector bungs.

Message #85485: (Reply to Martin) I do understand K-Jet, and was able to tune my
old Eurospec installation quite successfully despite bad advice from he and
Darren Bowker.

Message #85489: (Reply to Martin) Example of bad advice given by Darren.

Message #85490: (Reply to David) Satirical response to his suggestion that I
modify my heads to accept K-Jet.

Message #85492: (Reply to Martin) I have two different styles of K-Jet throttle
bodies -- which one does he want me to look at?

Message #85494: (Reply to Martin) Picture of the incorrect barb Darren told me
to attach spark advance to.

Message #85499: (Reply to Martin) More examples of bad advice from Darren and
him.

Message #85500: (Reply to Steve) How I am helping Chad at this time.

Message #85502: (Reply to David) Chad has made it very clear that his planned
conversion is an elective procedure.

Message #85506: (Reply to Eric) Explanation and pictures of custom parts I made
for my own conversion.

Message #85517: (Reply to Louis) Lighthearted comment about T Shirts I am not in
fact making.

Message #85523: Defending Chad's decision and pointing out responses
to it.

That's it. Every single post I have made in this thread. I see nothing to
support you accusations that I am:
- Confusing facts and opinions
- "Making inflammatory, erroneous exaggerated statements wrapped up in as much
flowery language as possible"
- "Shit stirring"
- Making sermons that will pass into DeLorean lore

Bill Robertson

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Martin Gutkowski <martin@...> wrote:

> On 30/06/2012 14:57, content22207 wrote:
> > Carb users/future users are repeatedly attacked, so they defend themselves.
>If you don't want carb users to defend themselves, stop attacking them....
> I see few, if any, "attacks" on people talking carburetors. Just for the
> sake of interest I went back though this entire (current) discussion and
> while ignoring all your posts I see that the only real issue is that a
> carburetor is perceived as a step backwards from the stock system which
> can be made perfectly reliable.
>
> I have no problem with people wanting to perform a carb swap, I simply
> hate to see it promoted as a magic bullet with no drawbacks.
>
> Martin

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: