From: "Tom Niemczewski" <dmctom@xxxxxxxxx>
Sender: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2012 12:49:03
To: <dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [DML] Exhaust manifold torque figures

I have two different books. Last night I looked through the one with PJ
Grady page at the beginning. The other one has black plastic covers. I'll
check that one today to see if there's any info there. I thought that they
are all the same... I wonder where the differences came from.
Anyway, I got the studs out a long time ago. They came out surprisingly
easy. No snapping, no brute force, no vice grips. I soaked them overnight
and they just unscrewed no problem. I'm now in the process of reassembly and
want to make sure I do it right. I covered the threads with anti seize, got
new gaskets and now I'm ready to torque the nuts. If I don't tighten them
enough I will blow the new gaskets out. If I over do it I risk snapping the
studs. 7mm is not a whole lot of material and they are easy to break.

Take care,

Greetings from Poland!
Tom Niemczewski
Vin 6149 plus 2418, 3633, 5030, 16473, 17086