From: content22207
Sender: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
ReplyTo: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [DML] Spec .02 Steering -- Success
Sent: 22 Jun 2012 21:53

Nope. My service truck had manual steering when I bought it, and a traditional rag joint. I've since converted it to power steering, with the original rag joint still in place.

I was told your steering columns had a trimmed end that had to go against the firewall. If that is incorrect, I was indeed told wrong. The picture on your website does seem to show some trimming on the joint to the left.

I am using the same components (albeit with vibration reduction) as Toby and Houston. If you want to criticize mine, you have to criticize theirs as well.

Borgeson has been making automobile steering components since 1914. Odds are my new lower column will provide years and years of trouble -- and vibration -- free service.

And I supported domestic industry (doesn't mean much to a European I know).

The only bad thing you can say about it is I didn't buy it from you.

Bill Robertson

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Martin Gutkowski" <martin@...> wrote:

> Excuse me, Bill but get your facts straight. My customers for my steering joints are not required to "trim one end". The intermediate shaft is 17mm diameter - though it isn't as though the original is under-specced. My product is  also less expensive than the Borgeson option - why not include that salient fact in your "comparison"?
>
> It occurred to me to wonder if vibration reducing steering linkages are usually found on cars with power steering and where the steering shaft does NOT transfer 100% of steering torque
>
> Martin

Sent from my BlackBerry®

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional