Re: [DML] Re: Contemplating a Carb Swap

Make sure you have a solid ground connection going to your fuel pimp.  I killed two low pressure fuel pimps (carburetor) due to what I believe was a faulty ground connection.  I ran a new ground connection about a year ago and  nearly 10,000 miles later I haven't lost a fuel pimp.

--
Steve

On Jun 20, 2012, at 8:34 PM, "vladivdracula" <lordvadus@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> My reason is that, today, the fuel pump failed on my car.  Were it carbureted, I could have limped it home to fix it.  Instead, I had to have the car towed.  I also maintain that the difference between stock and a carb has to be biased towards the carb.  The last run of an old technology is more reliable than the first generation of a new one; that, and I'm not impressed with the Stage II conversion.  Were it not performed for necessity, I'd have never done it.  A big thanks to Steve for loaning me the screwdriver to remove the Stage II plate from my car.  I hated that thing because, a few times, it caused people to mistake my car for one "built" in Houston...
>
> Per the topic at hand, I'm more fond of the idea of a single-carb setup than a two carb one.
>
> For the mean time, I have to arrange a date to bring my car to DMCMW now that I know that the source of my issue was the fuel pump.  I do very little work with the car myself and I intend to have a few other minor issues addressed while there.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)