From: Cliff Schmucker <cliff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: dmcnews <dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wed, Jun 20, 2012 3:51 pm
Subject: [DML] Re: DCS'12 (fuel costs)

No question, DCS 2012 was better then our wildest expectations!

the good news is that my goose-neck truck/trailer just made it back with the
stainless frame and Proto-1

approx trip cost:

- fuel including Lebanon, OH to Tifton, GA (where the Isuzu transmission blew on
the way down), Tifton to Orlando in the Delorean we unloaded and drove,
Orlando-Tifton round trip in Ken's truck early Friday AM to get the A/V
equipment for show  $891

- truck/driver to bring the trailer from Tifton, GA to Orlando Fri PM and
Orlando to Valdosta, GA on Monday  $800

- replace trailer tire blowout during Orlando to Tifton trip  $150

- replace Isuzu transmission  $2250

- 2 nights in Tifton Hotel while Isuzu being repaired (Nathan)  $91

- Sunday flight from Orlando to Dayton, OH (Cliff)  $269

- Tuesday flight from Dayton, OH to Valdosta (Adam) to help drive  $430

total: $4881

more good news:

- we saved the $950 that Exotic transport would have charged to bring Proto to
Lebanon since Ken was able to bring my other Delorean in his trailer as the
winner of the raffle car will pick up it up in Orlando

- I have a new transmission in the Isuzu

- it was an adventure

- I won the coveted Josh Haldeman award :-)

- and DCS 2014 is only 27 miles from my shop!

thanks for everyone's help and support at the show, I hope all had a good time

Cliff

On Wed, 20 Jun 2012 13:30:40 -0400 (EDT), Ken wrote:

>I agree with Rich I also added 4 new tires on my flat bed and two new tires on my covered hauler but lost one tire on the way down and had to replace it,
>in addition to repacking both of these trailers with wheel bearings.
>
>Bottom line
>
>Those that did not go to the show missed it.
>Those that did go had a great time
>
>Thanks everyone for making this a success and if it were not for people like Rich, Cliff, Tony and others you would never get the opportunity to see what was in Florida.
>
>Hey Rich DCS 2014 is only 5 hours from Chicago.  It will be easier on both of us.
>
>Ken

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: