Re: [DML] DCS'12

I don't think Bill was refering to anyone in Louisiana when he
mentioned gas prices.  There were several people across the USA that
would have driven to DCS had gas not been $4 a gallon earlier this
year.

I find crying about gas prices to be amusing.  When I was a kid people
cried about gas costing 75 cents a gallon.  When I was a teenager they
cried about it costing $1.50 a gallon.  When I was in my 20's they
complained about it being $2.50 a gallon and now people complain about
it costing $3.50 to $4 a gallon.  In two or three years people are
going to be crying about gas costing $5-$6 a gallon. Gas will always
be "expensive" and I'm not going to let such a small expense cause me
to sit around at home the rest of my life.

I drove about 1,400 miles for DCS.  At about 25 mpg and $3.50/gallon I
estimate my fuel expenses to have been $196.  Honestly, most of the
time I didn't spend more than $3.25 per gallon and one place was even
$3.03.

I find my $196 fuel expense to be extremely cheap compared to the
thousands of dollars people spend on big screen televisions and play
stations.

-Steve Rice
#16510

--