[DML] Re: LED discussion (was: #5939 at DCS'12)

[DML] Re: LED discussion (was: #5939 at DCS'12)

Sorry overlooked that part.
You're right cutting a weatherproof package is not a solution.

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Tom Niemczewski" <dmctom@...> wrote:

> Welmoed,
>
> The LED strips are ready made and you can't really add or change the
> resistors. The strips that are water resistant are covered with clear
> urethane rubber to protect the circuit. So, in order to add resistors to
> each group you would have to cut the strip at every group joint and add
> resistors there. That is not really practical and will destroy the water
> resistant coating. So, to make it easier you can just add one resistor. A
> lot easier.
> If you were to make the strip yourself from scratch it would make more sense
> to run three LEDs off of a LM317 connected as a current limiter. It would
> keep the current constant from about 10 to 40 volts. You could connect more
> than one 3-LED branch in parallel to make it more efficient.
> In store bought strips you have to work with what you have.
>

> Greetings from Poland!
> Tom Niemczewski
> Vin 6149 plus 2418, 3633, 5030, 16473, 17086

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)