RE: [DML] registration question

Every time we get close to a DCS show, this topic seems to come up, and I am
ALWAYS floored that people would even consider this an acceptable question
to ask!

Putting on the show, having guest speakers, renting space, etc.  All costs
money.   When someone sneaks into the show, an attraction, or even a dinner
it is basically STEALING.   And, you are not just stealing from Ken...You
are stealing from ALL OF US who pay to have this event!   I am not sure what
makes someone think they are better than all other attendees that they do
not need to pay and can attend the show and it's dinners for free.    Are
people that cheap that they can travel all the way to the event, but NOT pay
for the event itself?

Consider this:   There are many people who not only pay to attend the show,
but also donate their personal time (often missing time from friends and
family at the event) to help Ken run the show.   These people do not get in
for free, THEY PAY ALSO.    So I challenge anyone out there asking to see
attractions for free, why you are so much better than anyone else who has
paid?

In the past, I bore witness to an entire table of Ken's Volunteers who DID
NOT EAT DINNER.    Not because they were working or were not hungry, but
rather because dishonest people (some who had even paid) either snuck in or
assisted with sneaking people into the dinner and we ran out of food early.
After that event, the color coded wristbands with matching numbers on your
nametag system was implemented.     It is a pain to set up this system, but
sadly a necessity to stop dishonest people we have encountered at the show.

It is truly sad that people feel they are entitled to more than others
without having to pay for it.    Again, you are just thieves stealing from
all the rest of us.

Soapbox Dismounted......

Kevin Abato
Vin# 16680