Re: [DML] DeLorean Carb Conversion: Made in USA

Re: [DML] DeLorean Carb Conversion: Made in USA

*YOU* started the whole Made in China uproar in *YOUR* Message #84996 (quoted below in its entirety at Martin's request):

"At this point in the cycle the only thing the Chinese care about is getting
product out the door. Quality is not a high priority. Like the Japanese, you
WILL see high quality at some point in the future. I can remember back when all
the stuff that was made in Japan was laughed at. Didn't take them all that long
to improve. The Orientals look a lot further into the future than the next
quarter's earnings. It may take them a while but they are in it for the long
haul and will do whatever it takes to beat our pants off. Now they are just
trying to break into the market and increase their share of it.
David Teitelbaum"

I agreed with you, which pissed Kevin off, then others started complaining that country of origin had nothing to do with DeLoreans in particular, so I sat down out of curiosity and made a list of how much of my contribution to the DeLorean community (15 owners *ARE* running my conversions, thank you very much) is Made in USA. To my pleasant surprise, most of it is.

Is country of origin the only reason to carburete? Of course not. Is country of origin yet another reason among many that an owner can factor into his or her decision to carburete? Yes.

You don't like my conversions -- that has been abundantly clear for years. But even you must admit: they do help, in their own small way, to employ American workers....

Bill Robertson

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "jtrealtywebspannet" <jtrealty@...> wrote:

> So now you are implying that people should put a carburetor on their Delorean because it is made in the US? That is just another absurd reason to do an absurd thing! And of course it is not complete without your tuna can!!!!!!! Bill, you are a constant source of entertainment. As for your social commentary, it is out of place here too.
> David Teitelbaum
>
> --- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "content22207" <brobertson@> wrote:
> >
> > American labor will always be more expensive than third world labor, irrespective of the actual wage (let's be brutally honest: an American worker can not afford to live on third world wages) because of

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)