RE: [DML] Chinese Crap

Normally I would not reply to this since it is NOT Delorean related, but I
felt the need to "enlighten" you on some of your statements and perhaps get
you to rethink your views a bit.

1.  We function as a global economy.   There is no way that the United
States (or any other country developed or developing) can grow, thrive, or
maintain themselves without interaction and commerce from other markets.
To believe otherwise is foolish and naive.
2.  Although you might want to but a product "Made in America" the reality
is that most items are made with base components that come from China,
Indian, etc.   Basically, a large part of your purchasing dollars are still
being filtered into foreign markets.
3.  Why is it hard to find products made in America?  Because we have become
a fat and lazy consumer economy.   The reality is that most people today in
America believe it is "below them" to make less than $12+ to flip burgers at
a local fast food place.    In the early part of the 1900s during the
industrial revolution, we were happy to work 18 hours a day for merger pay
just to have a chance at a better lifestyle and opportunity.   Such is the
trend in emerging industrial markets in foreign countries.    Unless
American ideals and mindsets change, we cannot compete with that.    I can
assure you that if/when our economic market crashes again (worse than in
2008) and we are faced with the second great depression where people are
homeless and waiting in food lines in the street to get a meal, that most of
us will be MORE THAN HAPPY to work for very little to ensure necessities
like food, clothing, and shelter for ourselves and our families.
4.  Control over your purchasing dollars?  I don't think so.    Let's assume
for a minute that many of us try to make a difference and only buy American
products.  Do you think you have control over what those American vendors
spend their profits (or business costs) on?    Do you doubt that profitable
business owners and their employees won't go and by the latest Apple
product, other foreign made electronics? Etc?   Money will eventually find
its way back into the global economy
5.  Chinese products are "Crap"?   I see a lot of people walking around with
iPhones and iPads that are all made very inexpensively in China that work
pretty damn well and have unmatched quality standards, and nobody seems to
complain about them!     I was with a co-worker the other day who wanted a
ceramic mug from Starbucks, but would not but it because it was made in
China, when I questioned him about why, he said it was "inferior crap".    I
challenged him to prove to me that a ceramic mug made in America would be
made any better, or last longer.....
6.   Chinese currency is not the Yen.  That is Japanese.    Please check
facts first before making statements Bill

Kevin Abato
Vin# 16680