[DML] Re: no start from key

You could check the wire at the ignition switch going to the starter motor (if there is no continuity, your switch is defective).
I think I don't have to tell you to remove the canopy.

The other possibility has been mentioned somewhere here: bad contact at the main relay.

Enjoy the search.

Welmoed.

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Farrar Hudkins <fhudkins@...> wrote:

> Hey, gang.
>
> I can't start the engine with the key anymore. This was an
> intermittent problem which has now become consistent, so it's now time
> to fix it.
>
> I have verified that the Neutral Safety Switch is functioning
> correctly and has good contacts.
> I have verified that the Start Inhibit Relay is functioning correctly
> and has good contacts.
> I have verified that the Start Inhibit Relay socket wiring mod
> mentioned in the TSB has been done correctly.
>
> When I turn the key to "On" and jump the starter motor directly, the
> engine starts every time.
>
> I have a voltmeter and a test light. Where should I check next?
>
> Thanks,
> Farrar Hudkins
>
> --
> Sent from my laser-guided nuclear-powered refrigerator, operated by
> its crew of hyperintelligent pandimensional cyborg kittens, controlled
> remotely via telekinetic sonic screwdriver.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)