need to resnug the lock nut before checking). If you go too far the cable will
be too short to get into 5th.

Bill Robertson
#5939"

Then re-read Message #84866 (the word "time" corrected to "use" in the message following), my second message on the subject (quoted below in its entirety at certain owners' request):

"The crossgate cable stretches with time and needs to be adjusted. It's no
different than adjusting any other cable that stretches, such as bicycle cables.

Bill Robertson
#5939"

Not until Message #84876 did I even mention the other advice -- a topic which was already broached by Gary Masie, thank you very much -- I was agreeing with him...:

"That was Steve's problem in a nutshell -- his crossgate cable simply needed to
be shortened, yet everybody was telling him to not only mess with the pedal
clevis, but also to bleed the hydraulics, top off the gear oil, open the case to
change roll pins, etc.

The only reason crossgate cable adjustments are not well known in the DeLorean
community is because most DeLoreans have never been driven anywhere close to
normal mileage (200,000 miles). If DeLoreans were driven like normal cars,
crossgate cable adjustments would be as common as torsion bar adjustments.

Bill Robertson
#5939"

Please re-read message histories before sharpening your sticks.

Bill Robertson

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Marc Levy <malevy_nj@...> wrote:

> If you don't like seeking advice in a "public forum", then dont.  Use private messages, or pick up the phone.
>
> I don't remember EVER seeing someone respond like you and Steve have.  If you are not able to take the solicited advice of group members, and use that information to make rational decisions on your own, then this is not the place for you.
>
> You 2 may share a brain.  Your writing style and attitude is identical, and it will DISCOURAGE people from speaking up and trying to help in order to avoid harassment like this.
>
> The list is self-correcting.  By Steve posting what resolved his problem, it was more than enough.  For the 2 of you to attack those who gave advice that turned out not to be useful is uncalled for.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)