From: jedimasterglenn <jedimasterglenn@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: dmcnews <dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tue, Apr 17, 2012 9:45 pm
Subject: [DML] Re: Overheating, idle speed and stalling issues

Hi John & Everyone,

John:  Thanks for the offer.  I may take you up on that if my next course of
action fails.  I will in the meantime be placing an order with you.  Read on.

All:  My mechanic and I did a coolant pressure test on the system.  Pressure
held pretty well, but it lost a tiny bit over time.  We then used a scope and
found a coolant pooling in the valley.  We also noticed that there is an
ever-so-slight leak from the seal between the thermostat and the pump.
So...looks like it all comes back apart, new seal(s) go in, and I take a hard
look at the hoses on the rear of the pump.  Man, I was REALLY careful trying to
get those hoses right, but I guess not careful enough.  Ugh...but I'll take this
over a head gasket!  Methinks this time around I'll try a pressure test somehow
before putting everything back together.

Will keep you posted and thanks again for all the input.

-Glenn

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "John Hervey" <john@...> wrote:

> Glenn, I'll be glad to go over your cars problems with you to help sole any
> of the problems.
> John Hervey
> Evening would be better just let me know.

Groups Links

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: