[DML] Re: Trickle chargers

Bill, you surprise me.  I've bought and used many Harbor Freight trickle
battery chargers.  The work fine, last forever (at least a long time).
Since they regularly come on sale for $ 5 or $ 6, they represent a lot
better deal.  I am not an employee or owner of the company, and don't love
most of their tools, but this is one thing they seem to make right.

I've put separate  two pin connectors (same type and sex) on all of my cars
and on the trickle chargers.  Just plug in when parking or unplug when
you're ready to go.  They don't seem to sulfate the batteries either.

Another idea, put a male and female in line with your regular charger, and
you don't have to work hard at connecting for charging...just use the
trickle charger plug in the car.  (Standardize on the same type for both
applications).  Also, a spare 12 V lead-acid battery (gel-cell type, you
know 5 or 10 amp-hour type for $ 10 or 15.) with mating connector cables and
a cable pair with alligator clips on the other end, and you can trouble
shoot electrical problems in cars with out having to turn on the ignition.

Al

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: