[DML] Re: Carbureted DeLorean Fuel Filters
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

[DML] Re: Carbureted DeLorean Fuel Filters



Every owner I have helped is very intelligent. I have full faith & confidence each of them is perfectly capable of buying his own filters. I sincerely doubt any of them would call James and ask for K-Jet filters -- that's just silly.

Bill Robertson
#5939


--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "jtrealtywebspannet" <jtrealty@...> wrote:
>
> Bill, you keep twisting the answers to my posts. I am not scaring anyone away from modifying their car. When I point out that you need to keep records on what you are doing and the part #'s you say you can pull parts off the shelf. That is not the point! At some point you still need to know what part you have so you can replace it. You must do this because you are "on your own" now that you have modified the car. You can no longer call up James in Texas and ask for a fuel filter or air filter. He will send you the one for the K-Jet and it won't fit. This goes for ANY mod that ANYONE does, not just carbs. If you are going to change the car KEEP RECORDS! BTW converting to a carb just so you can walk into an Autozone is not a good reason to convert. Again I mention on a well running K-Jet system it is VERY reliable and replacing parts is not a big issue. About all of the maintenance required is to change the air filter and the fuel filter unless the system develops a problem. Usually because of stale fuel due to long-term storage. Even having a carb cannot prevent that.
> David Teitelbaum
> 
> --- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "content22207" <brobertson@> wrote:
> >
> > Any fuel filter than fits between the two 1/4" barbs in my fancy schmancy stainless steel fuel filter brackets can be used. There is no single filter element number that an owner has to use. Look closely at John's car and you will see he is using a glass bodied filt
>




------------------------------------

To address comments privately to the moderating team, please address:
moderators@xxxxxxxxxxx

For more info on the list, tech articles, cars for sale see www.dmcnews.com

To search the archives or view files, log in at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dmcnewsYahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dmcnews/

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dmcnews/join
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    dmcnews-digest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 
    dmcnews-fullfeatured@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    dmcnews-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/



Home Back to the Home of PROJECT VIXEN


Copyright 2006 ProjectVixen.com.  All rights reserved.

Opinions expressed in posts reflect the views of their respective authors.
DMCForum Mailing List Archive  DMCNews Mailing List Archive  DMC-UK Mailing List Archive