From: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
DarkStar Media
Sent: Friday, April 13, 2012 10:26 AM
To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [DML] Why Owners Carburete Their DeLoreans

>From the epa...

"
The Environment Protection Act 1970 (the Act) requires various parties -
including designers, manufacturers, sellers, owners and drivers - to do or
not do certain things with respect to air and noise emissions from motor
vehicles. These requirements are spelt out in more detail in the Environment
Protection (Vehicle Emissions) Regulations 2003 (the Regulations). Both the
Act and the Regulations state that anyone who fails to comply with a
requirement is guilty of an offence and liable to a penalty, with the
maximum penalty for the most serious offences being 240 penalty units (over
$240,000).
"

This is why most aftermarket parts have to go through testing to attain an
executive order exception number to verify that they will not adversely
affect emissions.

To do this testing requires thousands of dollars but is doable (I was
looking into it for my EFI system that I was developing.

Richard