[DML] Re: Why Owners Carburete Their DeLoreans

[DML] Re: Why Owners Carburete Their DeLoreans

I'm with Farrar but to share some info

1. A  Bone stock exhaust (until next winter's project that is :P)
   B. Stock ignition (less MSD wires)
2.  Running Carb set-up since 2009, approx 4K miles per year
3.  To my knowledge no Cat issues..... as of yet
4.  My replacement Airtex low pressure fuel pump however may be intermittently going out after 12K miles, or RPM relay, have not had time to trouble shoot yet but perhaps moisture in tank from winter somber played a role not sure yet till I dig in.
5. Didn't hack up any wiring so K-jet reinstall is a day reinstall

6. Note**** Something I was very pleased with just changed my plugs for first time since Carb set up and suprisingly clean, I really expected to see some heavy black carbon build up but didnt.
7. Justin and I have have been tossing around a Dyno date I am curious what my numbers would be.

Overall personally satisfied

John
VIN 3760

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Farrar Hudkins <fhudkins@...> wrote:

> I am not going to wade into the "debate" here, but I will mention just for
> clarification that I do indeed have catalytic converters on my car. They
> were installed with Houston's "Performance Exhaust" (actually, at DMC
> Florida) by a previous owner. As a result, they're less than 10 years old.
> My car did run with a vacuum leak while using K-Jet, and also for a while
> using the carburetor, but they were both small-enough vacuum leaks to not
> affect my fuel economy significantly. My exhaust smells fine and the
> catalytic converters have never overheated, so it can be assumed that they
> are healthy. However, the only way to know for certain would be to get two
> exhaust gas analyzers: one which attaches to the oxygen sensor, and another
> which attaches to the tailpipe. I do not have these tools on hand, so I do
> not have numbers to look at. In my opinion, since there are no data there
> is no real argument to be made. Let's all just get on with life and enjoy
> our cars.
>
> Farrar Hudkins

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional