Re: [DML] Re: Carburetors suck.
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [DML] Re: Carburetors suck.



Yep, you sure gave me the cereal packet explanation. I'm sure you also think the Bernoulli principle is solely responsible for keeping aeroplanes in the air but I digress... (Hoping against hope that Bill goes and looks Bernoulli up and maybe learns something...)

Martin

Sent from my BlackBerry®

-----Original Message-----
From: "content22207" <brobertson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sender: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2012 00:07:15 
To: <dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Reply-To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [DML] Re: Carburetors suck.

How in the world did you psychoanalyze all that from what I wrote?

Martin claimed "I'm not even sure you know *how* a carb works... Venturi effect? static versus total pressure? Surprise me...."

So I surprised him: I condensed draft carburetion into a single paragraph.

Bill Robertson
#5939



--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Harold" <hmcelraft@...> wrote:
>
> 
> 
> Bill
> 
> In his book, On Being Certain, neurologist Robert Burton attempts to show that certainty is a mental state, a feeling like anger or pride that can help guide us, but that doesn't dependably reflect anything like objective truth. One disconcerting finding he describes is that our feelings of certainty about things we're right about is largely indistinguishable from our feelings of certainty about things we're wrong about.
>  
> Such unwarranted certainty is consistent with one's tendency to build ideologies first and then to construct narratives to support those ideologies, with facts and data only sought out to undergird the preconceived notions after the fact and subjectively "analyzed" only in that light.  It also suggests why we can be so uncomfortable with the necessarily inductive process of scientific inquiry.  We'd much prefer the certainty of deductive logic.
> 
> Much of what you claim about carburetors to be "fact" or "research"  is nothing of the sort – it is ideology (or sales literature) in disguise (and not very well disguised at that). 
> 
> It's ok to have a carburetor car and enjoy it - Facts are that it is old technology and not that accurate by today's standards - but, your constant insistence that a carburetor can somehow "measure up" to modern fuel injection is just crazy. Give it a rest!
> 
> Harold McElraft - 3354
> 
> Portions above were taken from Karl Popper's ideas on falsifiability
> 
> 
> 
> --- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "content22207" <brobertson@> wrote:
> >
> > You are joking? This is pretty elemental stuff:
> > 
> > Pressure of the air stream drops as it speeds up through the venturis. Atmospheric pressure pushes fuel from the bowl into the air stream. Voila -- as long as a healthy engine is turning and there is fuel in the bowl, you have fuel delivery (vacuum tight intake manifold of course). 
> > 
> > Bill Robertson
> > #5939
> > 
> Rest deleted
>




------------------------------------

To address comments privately to the moderating team, please address:
moderators@xxxxxxxxxxx

For more info on the list, tech articles, cars for sale see www.dmcnews.com

To search the archives or view files, log in at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dmcnewsYahoo! Groups Links





------------------------------------

To address comments privately to the moderating team, please address:
moderators@xxxxxxxxxxx

For more info on the list, tech articles, cars for sale see www.dmcnews.com

To search the archives or view files, log in at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dmcnewsYahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dmcnews/

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dmcnews/join
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    dmcnews-digest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 
    dmcnews-fullfeatured@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    dmcnews-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/



Home Back to the Home of PROJECT VIXEN


Copyright 2006 ProjectVixen.com.  All rights reserved.

Opinions expressed in posts reflect the views of their respective authors.
DMCForum Mailing List Archive  DMCNews Mailing List Archive  DMC-UK Mailing List Archive