[DML] Re: Starting a DeLorean from the Engine Compartment

[DML] Re: Starting a DeLorean from the Engine Compartment

It was not the tranny that got stuck..it was the shifter that would get affected by moisture or the elements and would bind or stick..on the old cars such as my original four speed GTO..the shifter was bolted on the side of the tail of the transmission and exposed to the elements and moisture..and would tend to "stick" when not driven for a while..that was why they called them "stick" shift..

Claude

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, gmfm1@... wrote:

> That is the first that I have ever heard about the trans getting stuck if left in gear for long periods of time.  I am not saying that it isn't true, just never heard of it. I have heard of hand brakes getting stuck in the on position.
> I had sticks on my first two cars and started with automatics in the late 70's. I always parked my stick shift cars in gear and usually set the emergency/parking brake. I have put the Delorean away in the garage in October and not pulled it out till March and never had a problem. I don't set the hand brake when the car is in the garage because the car is on level ground and I don't want the hand brake to get stuck and don't want the release springs under tension for so long. Probable doesn't make any difference.
>
> Gary Masie

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: