Re: [DML] The COMPLETE DeLorean crash test videos, report and more.

Re: [DML] The COMPLETE DeLorean crash test videos, report and more.

My apologies for my choice of words.  Not becoming of a moderator and I shouldn't have been so harsh.  Bill and Claude have me seeing red lately.

Andy

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Peter Lucas <lucas@...> wrote:

> Here's my humble contribution to our little "distributed moderation" experiment:
>
> I confess to being occasionally annoyed by some of Bill's statements (more as a result of their repetition than their content).  But such annoyance pales in comparison to how annoyed I get when people make ad hominem attacks on other people rather than their statements. (It is worth noting that such attacks are not generally characteristic of BIll's postings).
>
> If I were moderator, I would delete any message that contains the sentence "God you are dense".   Wouldn't "That statement is absurd" do just as well?   It is one thing to criticize a statement or even a car. It is another to publicly criticize a person.
>
> My polite opinion.
>
> --Pete Lucas
>   VIN #06703
>

> On Mar 22, 2012, at 12:03 PM, soma576 wrote:
>
> > God you are dense. You state the obvious - big fat POS metal car will have less damage than small lightweight car. Got it. Then you throw your own little jab in there by saying the DeLorean will "lose". Lose by whose definition? The D absorbed the impact and Louis was unhurt. Then he got insurance money and could have bought another DeLorean. Human life > car life. Big fat POS metal car probably 'bounced' off the DeLorean causing the occupant to bounce around like in a bumper car.
> >
> > Do you ever make comments that are positive, or is everything out of your mouth about what coulda shoulda woulda?
> >
> > And no you can't just tune out Bill Robertson because the dude comments on every damn thread.
> >
> > Andy
> >
> > --- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "content22207" <brobertson@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Don't forget to mention not only that the Cadillac driver was uninjured (being drunk helped -- seriously, drunks do fare better in the collisions they cause than occupants of the vehicles they hit), but also that, like my Lincoln, the Cadillac sustained only minimal damage to its left fender (it wasn't a T bone -- Cadillac crossed the center line).
> > >
> > > Just speaking for the vehicles themselves, if a DeLorean meets up with a larger model anything, the DeLorean *WILL* lose. Something to keep in mind as you motor among pickups, SUV's, etc.
> > >
> > > Bill Robertson

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: