[DML] lRe Grounding Schematic.

Bill

I like the grounding schematic you did,   It will prove useful in trouble
shooting the most common of the electrical problems that I've encountered
with the car.  The idea of a single heavy line through the whole front of
the car is also logical.  I began the process several years ago but just
went from the bulkhead bolt to the radio bracket bolt.  Your drawing makes
it clearer where to extend its path.  But looking carefully,  a compound
question arises (first part serious and second an attempt at humor).  I
noticed that you did not indicate the grounding path to the horns.  (I know
that it is through the chassis.)  Did you overlook them intentionally or is
one of your mods to eliminate them?

I am seriously thinking of running a heavy power sub feed to under the hood
which would allow me to install a horn relay and louder horns as a safety
feature and at the same time reduce the load on the horn switch..  It would
also make available 12V under the hood  for other functions.

I have had and still own several Volvos for daily transportation, and the
electrical section of their service manual is the best I've seen.  Each of
the break down schematics, which are similar in concept to the ones in the
Delorean manual, indicate which connectors and pin numbers the signals pass
through.  This allows for much easier trouble shooting.  "I can see either
end of the signal path, but how does it get there?  Is there an intermediate
point at which to look for continuity?, etc."

You can answer me off of the page at my address below

Al Roberts
twodelo2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
VIN 16049

<*> Your email settings: