Re: [DML] The COMPLETE DeLorean crash test videos, report and more.

Re: [DML] The COMPLETE DeLorean crash test videos, report and more.

Yes... there was a Death caused by a Delorean...But it was because of a safety issue with a Delorean

I bought  THE delorean that caused the safety recall for the ball joints (as a parts car)

It caused a innocent death of a young lady..when that Delorean had a Ball joint failure at High speed and  lost control and went into the oncoming lanes on the Massachusetts Turnpike causing the Delorean to crash into a Toyota and killing the young lady.I was not there I did a investigation on that delorean and got first hand info from the Insurance Company who did the pay out..as I wanted to originally fix it since it only had 2000 original miles when I got it in 1983.

The dash vin plate was destroyed by the Ins.Company and it was designated as a car to be destroyed or used as a parts car only...the title was Destroyed..even tho this was a NEW Delorean...since the ins. company paid out millions to the Heirs of the young lady and because of the investigation on the ball joint failure.... It was determined that this car was too risky to be put back on the road..I am assuming somewhere at DMC there is or there was a file on this case/car...since this was a BRAND NEW Delorean at the time of the ball joint failure..(it was titled for less than a month from a DMC dealership)

I am Not sure on the outcome of the driver of the Delorean or of his or her passenger(if any)but like most head-on crashes..the driver who instigates it usually survives it..or maybe not..I never found out.

Claude
1024
bric

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "soma576" <lienan82@...> wrote:

> Claude, do you even read the thread?  Who said it was a safety vehicle?  The car obviously passed all minimum safety tests, and seems to do pretty well protecting occupants.  My 2008 Legacy is probably also damn near totaled above 30 mph crashing into a solid wall, but I'd rather lose the car than lose my head!!  The car is SUPPOSED TO CRUSH!!!
>
> Curious to know if there is even ONE documented fatality from a DeLorean accident.  If there is, I haven't heard of it, but I have read about many accidents that drivers walked away from.
>
> Also, this isn't Bricklin-Chat.
>
> Andy
>

> --- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "cbl302@" <cbl302@> wrote:
> >
> > No matter how you spin it a Delorean at any speed above 30 MPH is toast..a parts car at best and debatable on the safety issue..UNLESS it had Air Bags as in those crash videos..which basically is the only thing that "saved them" A Delorean IS NOT a SV-1
> >
> > On the other hand from scratch to Full engineering completion...
> > The Bricklin was Designed as a SAFETY VEHICLE first and Foremost...
> > It's whole existence even it's massive rear bumper style with it's look of a massive eight track tape stuck into the ass end is about safety..
> >
> > Even it's Name Screams safety Bricklin SV-1 (Safety Vehicle model 1)
> >
> > Again spin it all you want a Delorean is Not a safety vehicle and somewhere in the Geo Metro Range for safety...(not in the cheapness built range but just the safety range)
> >
> > A bricklin at 40 mph would be repairable and safer..
> >
> > Just the true facts
> >
> > Claude
> > Bric
> > 1024
> >

> > --- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Martin Gutkowski" <martin@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Good point. A car travelling at 40mph has nearly double the kinetic energy of one travelling at 30mph (I've just checked the maths out of curiosity)
> > >
> > > Martin
> > >
> > > Sent from my BlackBerry®

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional